Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Friday, 22 January 2016

Monday, 11 January 2016

Carillionamey SFA - Are You Receiving Utility Bill/Letters For Previous Occupant?

Have you just moved into a property recently?

If you have received any utility bills/letters relating to the period before you moved in please visit

utility-bills.aspx or see the image below:

Are you new to Windsor and Maidenhead area?

Refuse and collection days please click on  Collection days the link will direct you to the RBWM website, Please type in your postcode.

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Leaving The Forces - Service Accommodation Irregular Occupancy

Whilst in the Armed Forces, you are provided with Service Accommodation.

If you are living in Service Families Accommodation (SFA) but leaving the Armed Forces you will be served with 93 days Notice to Vacate by the Defence Estates Officer. The Notice to Vacate expires on your discharge date, and this is when you legally lose the right to occupy your Service Accommodation (medically discharged personnel have an additional 93 days). Please note, it is your responsibility to make Defence Estates aware of your discharge date.

If you remain in your property after this time, you will become an Irregular Occupant and will be required to pay Damage for Trespass charges (called Violent Profits in Scotland). For assistance with these charges, (means tested) contact your Local Authority or the Department for Work and Pensions to discuss Housing Benefit. Website:

DE will begin proceedings for the repossession of the property, and while the process may take some time, the Court is most likely to order the property back to DE, and you will be liable for Court costs. Despite this, it is important to note that if you leave the property before you are ordered to do so, your local authority may argue that you have made yourself ‘intentionally homeless’, and therefore have no legal duty to house you.

If you are a Single Service Leaver occupying Single Living Accommodation, you are able to remain until your last day of military pay, but no longer. For further assistance on your housing options, we would also advise that you contact the Single Person’s Accommodation Centre for the Ex-Services (SPACES) up to 6 months before your discharge date. 
Contact 01748 833797.
Useful Contacts Regarding Housing

Joint Service Housing Advice Office:
Telephone: 01252 787574 Mil: 94222 7574 Freephone 0800 3287641

Shelter: Helpline: 0808 800 4444

Citizens Advice Bureau: Search for your local CAB online at

The Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association – Forces Help (SSAFA): Housing Advisory Service: 02074 639398

The Royal British Legion: Telephone: 02032 072100

Friday, 1 January 2016

Simple Steps for Winter Preparation for SFA

Service personnel and their families living in SFA are reminded that there are some very simple steps they need to take to prepare their properties for the winter months.

Top Tips:
Check your heating before winter sets in and if there any issues call the CarillionAmey Helpdesk on 0800 707 6000 option 1.

The CA Helpdesk gets particularly busy on Mondays, so try calling on other weekdays if the issue isn’t urgent.

In the early Autumn months do a quick check of the outside of the property looking up at the guttering and roof for any signs of damage and make sure that any overspill pipes are not trickling water. 

Call the Helpdesk on 0800 707 6000 option 1 to report any issues.

TV Licence

Please click on the link below  TV Licence

Veterans Uk - FREE help and advice on any issue

Buisiness Rules For SFA